Thursday, January 12, 2012

My very " Cliche' " winter break.

In my English class we had to write a page on our winter break with 10 cliche's included. After i wrote it all down i realized how abnormal my winter break truly was haha. So here is my winter break in 250 words:)

This winter break was quite an eventful one, but not in the way you would think. I started it off by breaking my nose; but you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet right? So I took it like a man, figuratively speaking of course, and went on with the show! Did I mention it was in the middle of a dance when I smacked my face on the ground and broke my nose? Oh well, that’s showbiz. Well since I survived that incident, I decided to take on another mission: buying all the Christmas presents for my whole family under 120 dollars. Keep in mind that I have more nieces and nephews than you can shake a stick at. So I cashed the money and went on my way. Before I knew it I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to find all these gifts within my budget. However, a penny saved is a penny earned, and all those saved pennies added up and I managed to achieve my goal. I spent 120 dollars on 16 adults and 25 kids. Success? I think yes. Now, with the stress of shopping blown over, I was able to relax and enjoy the holiday. However, the day after Christmas I became sick as a dog. For pretty much the whole second week of break I had a newfound friendship with my bed and my couch. What the Stomach Flu didn’t know though, is that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I took medicine, and I tried many homemade remedies, because I was determined to be better by New Years. I managed to get better in time for a New Years party that I had been looking forward to for quite some time. This party was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I danced the old year away, and welcomed in the new one with great music and great friends. I wouldn’t change a thing about my winter break, because when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment